Program Associate/ Program Coordinator
- Coordinate program activities in consultation with program managers/ program officers.
- Liaise with program partners, consultants, beneficiaries to achieve project deliverables.
- Draft, review and finalize program documents including program reports, training materials, program narratives, evaluations.
- Review program deliverables of partner organizations, service providers, consultants, grantees.
- Provide grant management and monitoring support to program staff, finance team and external evaluators.
- Contribute to budget management, monitoring, agreement compliance and administrative documentation.
- Other programmatic and administrative tasks as required
We are looking for:
- Enthusiasm in investigative journalism, research and development programs
- Previous experience in media development/ journalism and donor-funded development programs
- Exposure to program implementation, grant management, monitoring and evaluation
- Degree or professional qualifications in relevant fields
- Tri-lingual/ bi-lingual with excellent command of English
- Computer proficiency in MS Office packages and other communications applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, teamwork, and ability to work independently
- Undertake general admin and all finance related tasks linked to programs and institutional budgets.
- Seamless maintenance of program and accounting records, generation of monthly financial forecasts, filing of financial documents, preparation of payment vouchers, collection of supporting documents, timely payments, attend to banking activities, general ledger maintenance, journal entries and accounts reconciliations.
- Assist in grant management, preparation of organizational budgets and annual auditing process.
- Preparation of letters, notices, meeting minutes.
We are looking for:
- Degree/ Diploma or similar academic/ professional qualifications on accounting and finance.
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field. Previous experience in the development sector will be an added advantage.
- Sound conceptual and communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, teamwork, meeting of deadlines.
- Proficient in computer skills including MS Office packages and QuickBooks.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer. Selected candidates will be paid competitive remuneration.
Send in your CVs to email@example.com mentioning the post applied for in the subject line on or before 22 February